Juggling the family schedule can be tricky, especially when you add in homework and extracurricular activities. But tight schedules don't have to mean sacrificing a home-cooked meal and family time spent around the dinner table. By using ingredients commonly found in your freezer and pantry, you can create a quick, delicious meal that you'll be proud to serve your family.
For example, this Autumn Pierogies and Apples dish combines pierogies - the perfect pairing of pasta and potatoes - sautéed apples, onions and ground cinnamon for a rich, slightly sweet meal that will satisfy the entire family's taste buds. It is so versatile; it can be served as an entrée, dessert or side dish. Serve alongside grilled pork chops for a fun twist on the classic Pork Chops and Apple Sauce.
No matter how you serve it, your family will be asking for this dish over and over again. And for less than $15 and just 25 minutes in the kitchen, you won't mind serving it.
Fun Family Tip: Take the family apple picking and use the farm-fresh apples in this recipe.
For more family-friendly recipes, visit www.Pierogies.com.
Autumn Pierogies and Apples
- 1 package (16-ounces) frozen MRS. T'S Potato & Cheddar Pierogies
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 red apples, cored and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Sauté pierogies as package directs.
- Cook onion slices in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in hot oil, until lightly browned and just tender, stirring occasionally. Remove to bowl.
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add apple slices and teaspoon cinnamon; cook until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- Combine sour cream with remaining teaspoon ground cinnamon in small bowl.
- Combine pierogies with onions and apple mixture; toss to mix well. Serve with sour cream.
Mrs. T's Pierogies